1. Mowing Sod
- Sod can be mowed 7-14 days after installation or when the blade of grass reaches 4” (depending on the season and growth rates.)
- Set the mower height at 3” or above and make sure the blade is sharp.
- Eliminate traffic on new sod until the sod becomes established after a few mowings.
2. Mowing a Seeded area
- Begin mowing the seeded areas when the blades of grass reach 4”. Be sure your mower blade is sharp. Avoid traffic on the lawn until the seeds become established and the lawn is mature.
- It usually takes 2 full growing seasons for a lawn to become fully established and exhibit the desirable characteristics for the individual turf species and be able to tolerate drought, wear tolerance, density and competition against weeds. Following a sound maintenance program will ensure your lawn will thrive and mature into a healthy lawn.
Written by Brandon Rushing, Founder & President
Posted on: August 7th, 2020